Before I picked my sister up at the airport on Friday, I had a visit with my surgeon so he could explain his new surgical plan for me. He explained that he gets together with a medical team of doctors to discuss different and unusual cases. They consult with each other to determine what the best approach would be for the patient. Well, my case was the topic of conversation at their last meeting. As a team, they decided that it would be best to just do the lower hernia repair and leave the diaphragmatic hernia (the one in which my stomach, pancreas, and small intestine is now residing) alone. It doesn't bother me and I have no symptoms - so they decided that the best course of action would be to leave it alone at this time. Wahoo! I'm all for that.
Well, surgery is tomorrow and I'm getting ready. I called the hospital and they said that they have WiFi in the patient's rooms - so I (or my sister) can keep folks updated on my progress. Life is good and all is well - school's over and my summer has begun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Be well, dear friend.
You going to keep us up to date on your recovery?
Post a Comment